Friday, December 11, 2009

The Little Things in Life

Sometimes, you are extra thankful when Friday has arrived. Today was one of those weeks when I was especially thankful that Friday had finally arrived. The semester is nearing its end, and my body is telling me that. Praise the Lord, I have been keeping up with sleep, and am not suffering tiredness like most college students are at this time. It is just the anxiousness to be done. In one sense this semester has gone by very quickly, but in another sense, it has dragged so slowly. This time next week I will be done with my first semester of college (as being a full time student)!

Since being a college student, I have learned that one of the highlights of my day is going to check my mail. It is so stupid, but there is just something about having your very own mailbox under ‘lock and key’ and having the responsibility to check it. Grandma is so good with writing me often and keeping me up-to-date with what is going on at home. I have learned about some very important things through her letters because Mom and Dad for some reason or another (probably because they are insanely busy) forgot to tell me. Aunt Dar is another person who keeps my mailbox interesting. She always has a fun sticker on the front, and tells me what has been going on that week for her, Uncle Reg and her parents. There is something special about the familiar handwriting of loved ones. Today I checked my mailbox to find a big envelope from my dear friend, Beek (aka: Becca). She had created a CD of some Christmas songs. That was just what I needed for this afternoon as I was bundled in my room. I have gotten so many fun little things in the mail including: fresh apples, drawings from Sophia, notes from friends at RACS, long letters from friends and family, cookies, and one of my personal favorites…my mom’s homemade granola. I say all of this to remind you that it is the little things in life that really matter. :)

7 more days until this semester is done! “but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment