Friday, June 18, 2010

time for training.

I can't believe I leave tomorrow for training. I am so thankful for the training I have received up this point. Through VBSs, college, church, and life, God has taught me so much, and has continued to kindle my passion for teaching and for children. When I sit back and think about my passions, I am just amazed that God has made it this clear to me, this early in life.

For those of you who do not already, this summer I will be working Child Evangelism Fellowship of Vermont. I will be involved with five weeks of 5-Day Clubs. These clubs are designed for children ages five through twelve and will be ninety minutes each day, including: singing, games, a Bible story, a missionary story, and some other little things. I will be working with at least one other partner where we together will do two to three clubs a day in an area. During these weeks, we will be living with a host family from our host church (this is probably the part I am most nervous about). I will leave each Sunday afternoon to go to the host church that evening, and will be able to come back home on Friday after my last club.

This coming week is when I receive my official training. I will be there from tomorrow (Saturday) through next Saturday. I really don't know many details at all concerning my schedule or how many people will be there, but I am excited for what I will be learning.

If you think of me, please pray that I will a vessel for the Master's use, and that I would be relying completely on Him for words and wisdom. I am excited, and thank you all for your support. I will try to keep you updated on my blog just on what is going on and if there are more specific prayer requests!

"So it is not the will of my Father who is in heaven that any one of
these little ones should perish."
(Matthew 18:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment