Saturday, February 26, 2011

1 more week

I don't have long, because next week is midterms which means exams and projects galore!  They are slowly coming along though.  I find myself exhausted, and very unmotivated.  I began the week with a cold, but praise the Lord, it is just about 100% gone by now.  I am also praising the Lord for the beautiful weather and sunshine today.  It lifted my spirits tremendously.

The biggest happening in my life this week was working the WVCSA tournaments that are hosted here at school.  I worked the concession stand with a friend, and I did enjoy it.  Our menu included pizza, chick-fil-a sandwhiches, fries, nachos, cheese, chili, candy, drinks!  We kept quite busy, trying to keep up with the orders, but I think we made out well.  I smelled quite atrociously of fried food, and was quite thankful for a hot shower at the end of the day.

This morning I went to a meeting at church introducing a new curriculum we are going to start next week.  I am excited about the new curriculum and how it comes directly from the Bible teaching God as the main character.  I am proud to be a part of this church, and the life they have in Christ.  I don't know how to describe my church family here, but they have a vibrancy about their faith that is contagious to those around.  They are not judging on anyone, and everyone who sets foot in there is shared the Word of God, and is accepted and loved with the love of Christ.  I already find myself getting sad at the thought of graduating in the respect of quite possibly leaving :(.

Well, I best get back to school work, and work, but I wanted to give a quick update.  In one week I will be home, Lord willing, and in two weeks, I will be with Daniel and his parents, Lord willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment