Saturday, June 16, 2012

starting Monday

Today has been a lazy, yet productive day.  I am so thankful for this time too.  I was able to visit with a friend last night.  We share the common interest in saving money and elementary education.  We talked about upcoming projects this coming semester, and the latest ways we have found to save money.  It was wonderful!  This morning I was able to sleep in and have worked on picking the house up a bit.  I was hoping to hold breakfast off until lunch to only do two meals today, but I got too hungry, so I turned the stove on and began this mornings cooking adventure.  I made a breakfast taco/quesadilla.  Since then I have done some laundry, and picture organizing on my computer.

Here are some pictures of some of the recent food adventures I have been on!

Banana Bread made for Krisi's shower

 I had a few friends over and made pepperoni rolls for them! (I didn't get a picture of them after they were baked)

This is quite possibly my favorite meal I have made thus far.  I have already posted about this meal before.


Living alone, I can eat simple meals, such as a tuna cucumber boat.  Tuna is cheap, and cucumbers were on sale, so it was a win-win situation.  Except for the ends, which were very bitter, I really enjoyed this.  I also had corn on the cob with it.

I was given a free chocolate brownie from Chick-fil-a.  I had my first dessert since coming and topped the brownie off with vanilla yogurt and fresh peaches--it was delicious!

Breakfast this morning was a breakfast taco/quesadilla.  It had eggs, bacon, black beans, and cheese in it!  Again, very yummy!

For Energy Express, we had training Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  It was beneficial, but long and pretty boring.  I was thankful to get home Wednesday afternoon.  We had VBS Wednesday night.  After VBS I went grocery shopping and got some great deals!  I love the challenge of cooking good food on a small budget.  Finding deals, coupons, and sales is the way to go!

Thursday we worked in our classrooms to start getting them set up.  We each get our own classroom.  I love my classroom!  It is big, spacious, well lit, and has an awesome teacher's desk.  We went in yesterday and worked on our classrooms more and had an open house.  I got to meet four of my eight students and I love them already.  Heads up: I will be very limited on what I can say on my blog about my children due to confidentiality.  I will not be able to post any pictures of them on here.

Here are some pictures of how my classroom is set up.  We do not decorate too much at the beginning because the children are supposed to decorate it throughout the summer by posting the projects (they paint BIG pictures every day) they make.

The theme for my classroom is going to be a star theme. 

In the far corner in front of the window there will be a camping tent.  This will be the reading nook where the students may read with the volunteer.  Also, you will see labels throughout the classroom.  These labels are to provide the students with a print rich environment. 

Each day, the students will eat breakfast, have read aloud (I read aloud to them), non-competitive recreation, art, drama, writing, and then finish their day off with lunch. 

They each get their own cubby where I will put newsletters and papers for them to take home. 

The sink in my room all labeled and ready for Monday morning. 

We each have to have a library in our classroom with at least sixty books.  These books are a compilation of books I own, books I found in the school library, and books from the county library.  The people at the county library are already getting to know me well and have been a huge help!  I have about twenty more books here in my apartment from the county library that I will bring in on Monday. 

Every classroom must also have a word wall.  We will add words to this wall throughout the summer.  The words might be new words they learned, or words they find fascinating and worthy of going on the word wall.  I am excited to see how the wall fills up.  Also, notice the amazing teacher's desk!

Well, I think I have bored you enough by now with the details and pictures of my life.  I am now going to go sweep and mop the kitchen floor.  I hope you all have a lovely weekend and are refreshed tomorrow in your spiritual life.  Please be praying for me as the students begin coming on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment