Monday, June 25, 2012

week 2 of Energy Express

Here is just a quick update on all that has been happening (no pictures).  I am hoping to get to bed very soon, because 5am comes quick.

My first week of Energy Express went very well.  I have 7 students in my class, but should be getting 1 more just as soon as she gets back from camping with her family. I love these students dearly and we all have so much fun.  They make getting up early and driving for a long time down a long very windey road so worth while!

This past weekend I went to VA to spend the weekend with the Millers.  I had such a wonderful time.  It was fun visiting, laughing, and baking, but it was also wonderful to SLEEP!  Sleep has been a big struggle with living alone, and I haven't been getting much of it, so being in a house with other people really helped me sleep much better.

I am now into Week 2 and as pathetic as it is, bummed this isn't a school year where I get them for 9 months.  Instead I only have 4 more weeks (after this one) with them.  Tomorrow and Wednesday I will be reading The Keeping Quilt by Patricia Polacco.  It is a very good book opening up many conversations and topics dealing with our week's theme of "family".

So all that to say, I am doing well.  I trust you are as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment