Thursday, July 25, 2013

these are a few of my favorite things

#1) God.  I believe this goes without saying, but what I am most thankful for about my God is that I can have a personal relationship with Him.  He is perfect and the one I can trust completely.

#2) Family.  My family structure has changed a bit in the past few months.  I got married and my husband and I became a family.  I am thankful for him more then he, or I, will ever know.  I grew up in a wonderful family as well where my parents loved me, and each other.  I have three siblings who are some of my best friends.  Also through marriage, I gained my husband's family!


#3) Baking.  Baking is one of my hobbies.  I absolutely love it.  I find myself getting excited when I see the dessert in the freezer for my mister's lunch getting low.  This means I get to find a recipe and bake something new.  The newest dessert I have made are these cinnamon cookies.  I wanted to try something new and out of the ordinary.  Last time, I made peanut butter cup brownies.  This being chocolate, I wanted to do something without chocolate this time.  I enjoy trying to stretch myself and think creatively.

#4) School.  I realize more and more all the time what a nerd I am (though different from the nerd my husband is).  I do genuinely like school.  For the most part, I enjoyed it as a student.  Learning is such fun and I enjoyed that.  I will say I love it more as a teacher, but that is because I get to continue learning.  I enjoy the challenge of making learning fun for my students, rather then drudgery.

#5) Paper Crafting.  I enjoy art, but am not good at all kinds of art.  I enjoy paper crafts.  I cannot draw to save my life.  I cannot paint any picture, only patterns.  Card making is one of my favorite paper crafts.  I will tell you why.  I enjoyed scrap booking, but found it a bit overwhelming, because you are never caught up.  Making a card on the other hand, you can feel accomplished and as if you have completed a project in one sitting.

#6) Organizing.  It is at this point that my nerdiness shines through again.  It makes my heart happy when I walk into a new situation and it is organized!  Organization makes life so much easier.  Lest you be confused, my life is not all organized, though my sweet husband and I are working diligently on it.  We worked on a filing system yesterday, I love it!

I must take time to marvel at the details God puts into our lives, allowing us to enjoy it.  He hasn't just left us stranded miserably without any enjoyment.  How wonderful His blessings are!

No comments:

Post a Comment