Friday, July 4, 2014

A long list...

Happy 4th of July!  Today may very well be my favorite holiday of the whole year.  Picnics. Fireworks. Family. I love it all!   This past week at school, I would put on this movie during snack time to let the children hear patriotic music, with the fun visual of fireworks.  I don't know who enjoyed it more though, the munchkins, or their teacher!

My friend (as well as the youth pastor's wife at our church), Christa answered these on her blog over at Brown Sugar Toast.  I enjoyed reading her responses so much, I thought I would give it a try.  It was an added bonus that I love lists!



  • Cooking: Portobello Mushroom "Burgers" 
  • Drinking: a {free} Starbuck's Caramel Ribbon Crunch with an extra shot of espresso. So yummy! 
  • Reading: Love & Respect...I am such a slow reader.
  • Looking: for the perfect gift for my mister's birthday, which is next month!
  • Playing: "restaurant" during snack time with my preschoolers
  • Wasting: paper with the copy machine acting up
  • Sewing: nothing.  This is the area of domesticity that I greatly lack in.
  • Wishing: my mister were home celebrating the 4th with me
  • Enjoying: quiet {not because my mister is not home, but because I am not with my munchkins at school}
  • Waiting: for the three upcoming trips we have planned
  • Liking: God's conviction...it is a sign of life and growth.
  • Wondering: where the Lord will have us a year from now
  • Loving: married life!
  • Hoping: to go camping sometime this summer with my mister
  • Marveling: at the fact that the year is already half over
  • Needing: to be more like Christ
  • Smelling: the freshly ground coffee beans my sister-in-law brought me this morning
  • Wearing: blue shorts. red top. white pearl necklace.
  • Following: East Coast Creative. Their blog and TV show.
  • Noticing: how un-decorated and un-creative my home is
  • Knowing: that I am forgiven
  • Thinking: about how I need to take more pictures
  • Feeling: refreshed
  • Bookmarking: this recipe organization idea. "organize recipes" is on my "summer to do"
  • Opening: a new box of graham crackers
  • Giggling: can't say as though I am giggling.
  • Feeling: accomplished for thinking of something for each one of these.
  • Making: Chocolate Eclair Cake for 4th of July!
  • Writing: a reply to my sister-in-law's email
  • Listening: to this song I am teaching my munchkins on the Fruits of the Spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment