Sunday, November 21, 2010

home

I am safely home- Praise the Lord. It was an eventful day on Friday trying to figure everything out. VERY long story short, my ride's vehicle 'broke', and so I found a new ride within fifteen minutes which got me to PA. Dad picked me up at 1am and we started our trip home. We safely arrived home at 8:30 am! It was so good to be home, and I was able to stay awake all day until we watched a movie Saturday night. In 60 hours, I had gotten roughly 7.5 hours of sleep total. I hope to not do that again. I wasn't able to bring home much luggage (like at all), but I am safely home with my family, and that is what matters.

Last week finished up fairly well academically, and I got everything complete. Chapel on Friday was on being thankful (obviously), but it focused more on being thankful for the difficult things. It challenged me in having to be thankful even for the ride situation that was erupting. We were given some time to write down a list of those difficult things in life we need help from the Lord to be thankful for. I am still playing that chapel through my mind and working on being thankful for EVERYTHING and at ALL TIMES.

Going to church this morning was so good. I enjoyed seeing my church family here, and got several hugs :) It was also good to be able to thank many of those who had prayed me home safely. My church here was just finishing up a three month evaluation. Today was the day when they received the "results" on their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, along with several suggestions. I admire their willingness to make changes they need to, and trying their best not to get stuck in the all too common traditions.

I would blog more but quite frankly, I have no desire to be blogging while I am home. I am tired, and am enjoying this woodstove and my puppy far too much. I hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving and are able to be thankful for EVERYTHING and at ALL TIMES, including the difficult things.

No comments:

Post a Comment