Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas break thus far

Christmas break has been going fairly well.  I am beginning to "catch up" on sleep, making me realize all the more how very overtired I am.  Trying to mend my body by getting some good sleep.  I have also enjoyed much relaxation and time with those I care about.

Exams are done and behind me, for which I am so thankful.  I finished my last exam a little early, and so I had time to clean up my room a little bit.  Daniel picked me up and we headed to his grandparents' home in VA.  I enjoyed the weekend there with him, his parents, and grandparents.  We did some Christmas baking, visiting, relaxing, and visiting of some of his friends.  What a good time I had.

I had two uneventful flights home on Monday, and landed in Rutland at about 7:45 pm.  Tim, Beth, and Annette are currently living with us while they get their new home here.  So my parents once again have an almost full nest (Scott being 20 minutes away).  Annette just turned 1 year, and she has been so much fun to play with.  Along with playing with her, I have enjoyed baking up the wazoo (a phrase I learned from Mrs. Childs).  Here is a pictoral review of some of my past few days. (please pardon the red eye...I have recently had my computer worked on, and cannot figure out how to fix the red eye right now)






Chocolate peppermint cookies

Almond sugar cookies--nothing smells more like the holiday then almond. 



Orange chicken...it looks terrible, but I was fairly pleased with how it tasted. 


 Christmas gifts for the neighbors.  Mom made the cinnamon rolls.

Our fat Christmas tree (sorry for it being blurry) 


One of my favorites...peppermint bark. 

The start to homemade cranberry sauce.

Blueberry streusel pie.

I think it goes without saying, I love baking and cooking.  Tonight, we have the Christmas Eve service at church.  Tomorrow we will celebrate with my Grandma Hewitt for breakfast, then go to church, and celebrate with Grandpa and Grandma Meigs throughout the afternoon and evening.  I trust you will have a very Merry Christmas with your family and friends!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment