Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Gloominess turned into Thankfulness

Heads up- if you don't want to read about my mister, then you may want to stop reading this post and check back again when there is a new post.

I am supposed to be grading right now, but my mind is running a mile a minute.  It was a rough day at work, and has been a discouraging day on many levels, for many different reasons.

I am trying to pull my mind from replaying a million times over the discouraging thoughts, and force myself into focusing on what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my mister.

Cliche as it may sound, God has blessed me way beyond what I deserve.  I can truly say that my mister is a huge contribution to who I am, and to any accomplishments I may have.  They say "Behind every good man is a great woman."  I would like to switch that though, at least in our situation, "Behind this woman is a great man."

This year I have struggled in knowing how to "turn work off".  I bring it home- the grading, the hurts, the lesson plans, the words I said and heard, everything.  This has proven to be very unhealthy.  My mister has reminded me that worry is a sin, and has helped refocus my mind. In this, I have grown to love him all the more, and realize what a gift God gave me when He gave me my mister.

I can't put this into words, because there aren't enough.

I am thankful for his gentleness.

I am thankful that he is willing to have the tough conversations with me and call me out on sin (ahem, worrying).

I am thankful that he not only listens, but offers deep advice.

I am thankful that he hurries home to me after work.

I am thankful that he loves my family.

I am thankful that he helps me with my job.  He helps me grade papers way more than I care to admit.

I am thankful for how he financially provides.

I am thankful for how he treats others that he loves.

I am thankful that he is unwavering- mentally, emotionally, spiritually!

I am thankful that he is my best friend.

I am thankful for how much fun we have together.

I am thankful for every moment we get together, and that it is never enough.

I am thankful that we are still on our honeymoon.

I am thankful that he tells me when what I cooked for him didn't turn out the best.

I am thankful for his compliments.

I could go on for days, weeks, months!  Simply put, I am thankful for my husband and his unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment