Sunday, April 12, 2015

Proverbs 16:9

I sit down to plan out my week, as I always do, and I reflect on the verse "The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps" Proverbs 16:9 (ESV).

Just like every other week, I sat down to plan my week-- meals, outfits, engagements, lesson plans, church activities.  The list could go on.  I am a type A person, and am a big planner.  My pitfall though is in handling a change to those plans.  Clearly I have not yet mastered handling it gracefully with trust in what the Lord has in store instead.


This week, sickness hit our home, and it hit harder than normal. All meal plans went out the window.  We had to cancel some dinner plans we had with some friends (might I add that we had worked hard to actually find a time that worked into our two families' busy schedules).  I had to skip Bible Study and church.  I had to stay home from work and get a substitute.

All of my plans had gone out the window.  I was reminded though this past week that while planning isn't bad, I need to be willing and flexible for however the Lord may change my plans.  His way is perfect.

One of His perfect plans for me this week that I saw first hand was in the choice of my husband.  He was such a great help this week, and a great blessing.  This man would go to school to get things ready for the sub.  He ran to the grocery store more times than I care to count for all the foods you need when sick, but we did not have.  He rented a movie very much with my interests in mind.  He sat with me on the couch for hours on end.  He did dishes.  He fixed food.  My mister is amazing, and I am beyond thankful to the Lord for giving him to me.

Now here's to a planning this week, with the understanding that it is God who establishes my steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment