Sunday, May 24, 2015

My Lifelong Dream {Part 1}: Being a Wife

I have recently noticed that I have a recurring thought.  This thought comes to me at least once a week on Saturdays when I am cleaning our small apartment.  The thought goes a little bit like this, "I can't believe I am a wife and get to keep home for my man."  The thought continues with my amazement at my husband and all he does for me.  I love married life!

I have always dreamed of being a wife and mom.  I am a wife right now.  I am living my dream.  There are a lot of days that keeping home and fixing meals is not all that exciting.  In fact, it is stressful and difficult.  I am trying to balance between being a teacher, a keeper of our home, and a wife who spends times with her man.  Many days I am tempted to throw my hands up in the hair and give up because it is too difficult.

Saturday mornings though help refresh me.  I don't always enjoy the action of cleaning the toilet or washing dishes, but it is the big picture that I wouldn't trade for the world.  I am living my dream.  I am cleaning the toilet, and washing the dishes in the home I share with my husband.  I  am living the life if a wife.  I have a home and husband to care for.  For that, I am thankful.

I love being a wife. I love trying to find ways to make our home a haven for my husband to come home to.   I love the feeling of a clean home.

May I be able to use this gift that God has given me to bring Him glory.  May I better understand His love and sacrifice for me, to then turn around and example it in our marriage.

Stay tuned for a sequel to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment