Sunday, September 5, 2010

one week down

My first week is behind me and things seem to be going fairly well. I can already see the Lord using circumstanced in my life to draw me closer to Him, and I love that. A bit have changes have happened since last year, not all good, not all bad, which have taken a bit to adjust to, but God is good, and has never once left His throne. Nothing has caught Him by surprise, and He has a plan in everything.

I can't think of any class I really just dread or don't like (I can say that now, because the one I question whether I will like it, I don't have it yet, it is a Tuesday class). This semester I am taking: College Algebra, Western Civilization through the Reformation, Old Testament Survey, Testing and Curriculum, General Psychology, Apologetics 1- Origins, and Tech Resources for the 21st Century Elementary Educator (that's a mouth full). Both Testing and Curriculum and Old Testament Survey will each require a bit of long, hard work, but have no doubt that I will walk out of those classes having learned a ton.

For those of you who don't already know, I am on the mission's steering committee, which means myself along with four other students plan the Mission's Conference. It is a two year long commitment, and I am so honored to be a part of this group, and am so excited to have such a hand in this project. I already can barely wait until conference because I know some of the things we will be doing, and some of the missionaries that will be here on campus. When you think of it, pray that this conference be a life changing time for the Lord's glory.

I plan to be quite busy this year at my local church working with the children. At the time, my church down here is going through several changes, and I am praying that the Lord would use me mightily in this time. I will be doing the 2s through 5s on Wednesday nights, which includes teaching, snack, crafts and/or games, and will be given one helper for that time. I love the kiddos here at the church and look forward to working with them again. I will also be working with 4s and 5s on the fourth Sunday of every month where my responsibilities will be to have the children for an hour and a half to teach, and reiterate the lesson in several different ways. Excited to see how the Lord uses we ABC students at church this year.

Please, feel free to email at any time, and share with me what is going on in your life and how I may specifically pray for you. I pray you all have a lovely week to the glory of God this coming week, and that the remainder of your Sunday, truly is a time of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment