Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring Break #3

Well, no pictures for this post--sorry folks.  I haven't baked anything too exciting or new, and the majority of my time the past few days have been spent visiting and doing homework.

Thursday morning I visited both sets of grandparents.  It was so good to catch up with them and see how they were.  I am so thankful to have godly grandparents who love the Lord so dearly.  I have such a wonderful heritage.  I enjoyed lunch with Grandpa and Grandma Meigs and then headed back home for a busy afternoon.  When I got home, Annette was supposed to be napping but wasn't, so I had the privilege as aunt to go get her.  We played for a little bit and then she went back down.  So I got right to homework.  I got a good bit done.  We had baked potatoes for dinner with homegrown broccoli and a homemade white cheese sauce.  Dad went to Bible study and mom stayed home because she hasn't been feeling well so we decided to have a mini girl's night again.  This time it consisted of turning off the lights, and watching a movie while wearing glow sticks.  Sometimes, you just have to break up the mundane things of life and spruce it up a little bit with something out of the ordinary.  Bed early was welcomed.

Because of the early bed on Thursday, I was awake around 7ish and ready to go.  So I was doing homework by around 7:20ish.  I worked hard and got lots accomplished.  Mom and I enjoyed leftovers for lunch, and then got to some cleaning.  I was thankful for the break in the middle of cleaning for a skype visit with a dear friend.  Mom had told me nothing more then that I would be skyping someone.  It was so good to catch up with her a little bit and see her son who has grown so much since I last saw him.  We worked on cleaning a little more and then mom and I got to making homemade pizza.  We made two pineapple pizzas and a mushroom.  Yum!!

Friday night, the Baptist Bible College chorale was in so we went to the concert and had two ladies staying with us.  We stayed up chatting with them for a bit.

This morning I was able to sleep in a little bit, and then get up and get ready.  Tim, Beth, and Annette came over, and then Scott.  I got breakfast ready for the ladies and then after they went back to church Annette and I did some playing.  Now it is time to get upstairs to get lunch ready for all!

I head back to school on Monday and am still working out all of the small details with that.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment