Saturday, April 14, 2012

Snapshots Through Time- Junior/Senior Banquet

Last night, the ABC Junior Class put on the Junior/Senior banquet in honor of the 2012 Seniors.  We have been planning this for over a year and wanted to make it a special night for our seniors.  Our theme for the evening was "Snapshots through Time" with a vintage decor.  Each of the committees did a fantastic job, pulling off an amazing evening of fun, and time of honoring the seniors.  I was the chair of the niceties committee where we basically planned the evening and made sure the plannings of each of the other committees were all coming together, and that all the committees' plannings were melding together to make a great evening.  With that we were in charge of the scheduling, as well as ticket sales.  Kari went as my date, and we had lots of fun getting ready and going together.

 Kari and I before banquet

 The Junior Class Ensemble doing sound check to sing "The Potter's Hands"

 The time capsule





 The yellow jars on each of the tables had two black and white pictures (each table had different pictures of the seniors throughout their years at ABC), with oil around it.  The decorations committee did excellent!

 I worked on all of the nameplates for people to reserve their seats with and to let the servers know if they had ordered oven friend chicken or chopped steak.

 Kari and I welcoming people to the evening.

 Tom did an excellent job taking pictures.  They had several props and empty frames for people to take pictures with--I can't wait to see how they all turned out.


 Lee Ann Sharp provided music and singing before dinner, Mrs. Hontz played piano for the first half of dinner, and Daniel Kirkland played guitar for the latter half.  The live music was such a wonderful addition to the evening.

As our gift to the seniors, we gave each senior (in attendance) a copy of "Morning by Morning" by Spurgeon.
Hearing the seniors talk afterwards, I believe they felt honored, and that was our number one goal of the evening.  It was a great class, and they will be missed, but I know I am so thankful for the three years I have had with them.  I hope they have rubbed off on me.  I am so excited for the next phase of each of their lives.

After tearing everything down and getting things packed away we came back to campus, unloaded, changed, and headed to the Childs' for a bonfire.  It wasn't too big of a group, but it was just a nice time of relaxing, and I rarely turn down an opportunity to sit by a campfire.  We had to laugh though at the contrast of events for our evening.  We were in our hoodies, jeans, and sneakers, but most of us still had our hair up, pearls on showing the events of earlier that evening.  What a fun time.

I just got back from a surprise bridal shower this afternoon, and am now about to head out to go to the McGrews home for dinner.  The McGrews are on staff here, and originally from Vermont.  They try each year to have the Vermont students over to their home for dinner.  I believe roasted chicken is on the menu--yum!

Anyways, there is an update on the happenings in my life.  I trust you are enjoying your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment