Thursday, August 30, 2012

Last first day as a student...

I am safely back in the good 'ole state of West Virginia.  Kari and I had a long drive on Monday.  We made good time, but were most thankful for the safety the Lord provided with us.  I must confess we went utterly crazy in the car, to the point of creating make believe children in the back seat of the car.  It was hot and long!

We had orientations, meetings, and in-processing on Tuesday.  Classes all started yesterday.  All of my classes this semester are elementary education classes.  Helps get me excited for next semester.  They are all even in the same classroom!  On Mondays and Wednesdays, I even have the same professor for those three hours.  I still can hardly believe I am a senior.  Where in the world did the time go?

Two goals I have for this semester/year that I invite you to join me in...

1)  A balanced life.  I feel excitedly overwhelmed by the different phases of life I am going through between my spiritual life, academic life, relationship life (friends and family), as well as engagement.  I ask that you pray for me as I seek the Lord's help to balance these different areas of my life.  I know with His strength I will be able to work towards this goal.

2) A deepened prayer life.  I am currently doing a devotional Becoming a Woman of Prayer, and that is just what I want to be.  Prayer is such an awesome privilege we have, and I am convicted that we don't use it to its full capacity or take advantage of such a privilege.  I am nervously excited to recently have a situation arise in my life that will need lots of prayer.  In talking to Daniel about it as well as my parents, I realize how I think this situation is God's allowing me to be forced into a life of prayer and dependence on Him.  I by no means feel this will be an easy journey, but I am thankful to have this and am excited to see how He grows me through it.

Thank you to those of you who do read my blog and pray for me accordingly.  I may not know you do it, but do know that you are a blessing in my life.  I encourage you to be refreshed in Him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment