Friday, January 25, 2013

entering a new phase

Student teaching orientation has come to a completion, I have said my goodbyes to my fellow teachers, and we are all about to embark on this new phase of life...student teaching.  Where has the time gone?  I know this semester will fly by, and it is my hope and prayer that I keep up with it and make the most of the time I have.  I am about to meet my first ever class and I am excited.  I know I will never class as they hold a special place in my life as my first class.  I do not know anything more then their names at this point, but by this next time next week, that will be totally different.  What an awesome responsibility God has entrusted me with, and I only pray I use this time to its fullest.

I have a few areas I will be praying for myself with, and welcome you to join me.
  •  That I continually deepen my relationship with Christ, providing my students with a positive example.  I pray that they will be able to follow me as I follow Him.
  •  That I keep the proper perspective that I am in the ministry of people.  The academics and tasks are important, but the people are what matter.
  • That the Lord give me a genuine love for my students and host teacher.
Please also remember my fellow teachers as you remember me in prayer.  There are four other senior el Ed students doing student teaching this semester.

My goal is to update my blog weekly about life as a teacher, so check back often.  I thank you for reading and supporting me in this amazing call on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment