Friday, December 11, 2009

7 Days!

7 days from today, Daniel picks me up to go spend some time down in Virginia with his family (and my brother and sister-in-law too). I am quite ready for a break from college. Going home for Thanksgiving was such a blessing and very refreshing. God knew just what I needed when I needed it.

A brief summary on how college is going: college is going well. I have grown to really love my professors and the subjects they are teaching. I keep relatively busy with classes and church. My favorite class was Bible and Doctrine Overview because of how applicable it was, and how it dealt with things we talk about as Christians often (such as angels, demons, tribulation, trinity etc.), and defined them biblically. I am doing well academically and keeping up with my work (other then some reading). I have settled into a church, and am loving every minute of my time there. Just last night I began working in the children’s program, and absolutely loved it. Probably my favorite part was listening to each child pray before snack time. The church has welcomed us college students in with open arms, and gone out of their way to make us feel at home. College has had its struggles too, but I am relying on Him to carry me through.I will be riding home with Tim and Beth on Christmas Eve, and can’t wait to see my parents, brother, and sister!

Recently I have been reading in Philippians and have been challenged with the lessons I can learn from Paul as he writes to the believers in Philippi. I have been most specifically challenged with his attitude regardless of the situation he is in. We are reminded in Philippians 4:8 what our minds should be thinking of, “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”

No comments:

Post a Comment