Monday, February 15, 2010

Isaiah 1:18

Once again, we are getting snow. Nothing new with that. According to one of my professors, this is a record for Beckley, WV for total snow accumulation for this winter season. While I was on Christmas break, they got 2 feet plus. Last week, it snowed Tuesday afternoon, was blizzarding (is that even a word?) all day Wednesday, and heavy snows on and off throughout Friday. Rumor has it we had a total of about a foot and a half accumulation from those three days. We had a little break over the weekend, and it started back up again today. At times, it is snowing so hard you can barely see across the parking lot, but other times, it is just a very graceful snow.

It is fun though to hear everyone here on campus go crazy about how much snow we are getting, and how ready they are for it to be done. For the most part, I am loving the snow. It is so beautiful though. It does make it a little more difficult though to walk from class to class though in dress shoes and a skirt, but it is just absolutely beautiful. Another minor disadvantage to this snow, is student drivers- agh! I am used to being home where if it was really bad, my Dad would spoil me and drive me to work, or we would take his 4x4 truck where we needed to go. But here at college, hardly any students have 4x4 and they don't know how to drive in the weather. Oh well, it is teaching me trust.

I have to laugh a little bit though too, because at home, they are almost totally bare, and here I am getting it in WV, and they are getting it in TX, but not in VT.

When you think of snow, and the beauty of it, remember how God has washed us white as snow: Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool (Isaiah 1:18). We do not deserve to be washed as white as snow, but God has, and I know I need the constant reminder to thank Him for washing me as white as snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment