Wednesday, November 21, 2012

the beginning of break

Daniel, JD, and I safely made it home about 5:30 on Saturday morning.  It had been a long night of driving/riding.  The only driving I did was from ABC to the airport to pick up Daniel.  He did all the driving.  I am thankful for how nicely it works out that I am not a huge fan of driving, and usually Daniel actually prefers driving.  I see some fun trips in our future.

Daniel was able to stay for a few days, which was wonderful.  I find myself learning more and more each time how very much I enjoy spending time with him, I think that is a good thing since we are getting married! Sunday after church we celebrated my Grandpa's birthday and had our whole family over, plus grandparents, and one of my uncles.  Such a wonderful time it was together.

On Monday, Daniel and I were swamped with running from place to place visiting people and running different errands.  I was exhausted by the end of the day.  Daniel left with Tim and Beth though, so I drove him to their home and spent a few extra minutes with that precious niece and nephew of ours.  They have grown so much since I last saw them, and I hate how much of their lives I miss.

Tuesday, my sister, Mom, and I had a fun girls day together shopping.  We enjoyed a yummy lunch together, and laughed SO much.  Thankfully, the shopping trip was a success!

Today has involved much cleaning and baking.  Mom has made two strawberry rhubarb pies, and I have made some homemade cranberry sauce.  We expect between 20-25 to be here tomorrow.  It should be a wonderful celebration here.

I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment