Thursday, August 8, 2013

full freezer

My husband and I love blueberries...I mean we love them!  This being said, we were so happy to be able to go to some nearby relatives' home and pick some blueberries.  We figure we picked just shy of four gallons.  We froze the majority of them, but kept some our fresh for enjoyment, and then baked a blueberry streusel pie....together (everything is better when done together).  We also made bo-berry biscuits later on in the week.
My mother-in-law had a birthday on Tuesday, and so my family decided what better excuse then this to celebrate.  Our family from Vermont traveled down as a surprise and my in-laws traveled down to spend the weekend with us and their daughter (my husband's sister).   My mother-in-law was delightfully surprised when her daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren walked in the door.  I do love surprises...and celebrations...and family...and food!  It was a busy weekend, but we all had a blast.

My refrigerator has not been that full since we got married, and while we only had one meal in our apartment, I felt like I was in the kitchen a lot, and kept finding more leftovers.  This led me to freezing lots.

With our Vermont family, came special deliveries...fresh garden vegetables.  We received yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and my personal favorite green beans.  I was so thrilled.  With the hecticness of everyone being here, I just froze it up so that it wouldn't go bad before I could get to it.

All that to say, my mister and I are thankful to have a full freezer with fresh (and free!) produce.  God cares about even the small details.  I have been missing the fresh vegetables, and the luxury of not having to pay for top quality.  What has God provided for you in a different way this month?

Now to use this produce to make delectable dishes.  What are your favorite recipes for these new items now occupying my freezer?  Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment