Monday, October 7, 2013

Meal Madness

Don't you just love rainy days?  I know I do.  I had an abundance of dishes to wash and other housework to do, and there is something wonderful about staying indoors when there is a cool drizzle going on outside.

Last week had some adjustments made, so you may see some repeats from last week.


Sunday: a modified version of Navy Bean Soup with Sausage and Spinach with a side of homemade bread.
Monday: Chili Baked Potato
Tuesday: Black Bean Enchiladas
Wednesday: breakfast is our special baked good day, so we are having the Pumpkin Waffles.  For dinner, Veggie Ramen Noodles
Thursday: Chicken Tacos on rice
Friday: "7" Layer Dip
Saturday: Pretzel Hot Dogs
Sunday: Ranch Pork Chops




Last week had many successes.  We tried the Starbucks' taste-a-like and it was a big hit with the in-laws (and us).  It was easy and truly did taste just like Starbucks' Apple Spice drink.  We have found our winter weakness.  One of our other favorites was Stromboli.  I made it up on the spot with what we had, using our favorite pizza crust recipe.  Truth be told, there wasn't one thing we made this week that we didn't like, I just am working on getting better with the camera.  I am always too eager to eat it, that I forget to capture it first.


Did you find any new recipes last week your family really enjoyed?  Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment