Thursday, January 28, 2010

booming campus, life lessons, and prayer requests

Oh what a busy week, but as weird as it may be, there are times I enjoy being busy. Classes continue this week as normal, but we have our Pinter Lecture Series Weds-Fri, and Winter Preview Thurs-Sat. Ken Ham is here for the lecture series. I got to hear him yesterday morning and what a great speaker. One thing I really appreciate about him is how he goes to the Bible for the facts, and doesn't look for a specific way to put science in to the Bible. He understands the Bible literally, and I definitely think that is essential in understanding the Bible (you can still study the Bible literally, while understanding that there are figures of speech used). Along with the lecture series, we have Winter Preview starting today- hooray! I was originally supposed to have two previewers, but one dropped out (I am just that scary). I am excited to have her in my room tonight and to hear how God is working in her life, specifically through college choosing and picking. This is one of our biggest previews yet, including around 70 students coming in. Many of those students have families coming along with them, and we expect several extra guests due to having Ken Ham here. Our campus is going to be booming today.

Lately, God has been trying to teach me to look at the positive things in my life and how He has blessed me. I may have some challenging/boring classes this semester, but I also have some wonderful/interesting classes. This semester God has been using the people I am closest to to minister to me in a new way. He has been using my time in prayer to deepen my relationship with Him (duh!) and give such comfort. I am reminded of the Philippians 4:12 "I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need." I have not yet mastered this verse, but God is helping me work on it.

Prayer Requests:
  • That God bring my previewer here safely and give her wisdom with a college decision after she leaves campus
  • For those related to the Haiti situation (Haitian people, families, military, relief people)
  • That I learn to be content in any and every circumstance

No comments:

Post a Comment