Friday, January 15, 2010

Social Butterfly

So I am working on being more sociable this semester and not just keeping my nose in the books (my nose wasn't literally in the books all the time last semester though), and so tonight was my first real opportunity to fight the urge of staying in my room. The school was having a Late Night Breakfast and a Game Night. Sure enough, I went, and would you believe that I had fun? I had a blueberry bagel with strawberry cream cheese for 'breakfast' with a Styrofoam cup of OJ (WITH pulp). We then played Dutch Blitz for a little while and I actually won some of the rounds. After playing that for a while we decided to play "1 to 100" (what our family called "Mennonite Manners". why? I have no idea!). It was a rough game where I ended up with a pencil accross my face, and my hair being pulled on several occasions. I am thankful to say though that the table did not break. As we all got tired (sissy college students, I know), we decided to end the evening with some game we don't have a name for it, but it is much less violent. I will have to say that my first outing this semester of being sociable was a success!

1 comment:

  1. so glad to hear that, hopefully many more opportunities to come.

    ReplyDelete