Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy and Sad

I have so enjoyed my time at home. I truly have the best parents ever, and my siblings are some of my best friends. What I have enjoyed most is just the sweet time of fellowship. We have had so much fun together between going sledding, to baking, to playing games, to just sitting around talking. The time has been so good, and I hate to see it drawing to a close so quickly.

While being home, I was reminded of what a wise, and godly man my Dad is. He works so hard, and does well with the work he does. My mom is one of my closest friends. I love being able to have 'girl talks' with her and just look up to her as the godly woman I want to become someday. Oh how I missed Scott, even though we bring out the worst in each other. He is another one of my best friends that I love spending time with and having some good laughs. I was able to be with Tim and Beth for 3 whole weeks which is a change for us, but they were a joy to have here, and catch up with. My little sister amazes me continually on just how much she is growing up. She has handled her freshman year of high school so well, and I am so proud of her. She has really matured in the past year or so, and I value her friendship dearly. I love being home and with my family!

I have also been reminded of how much I love my church here in Ira. I have grown up here since birth and just love the people. I am overwhelmed with their love and selflessness. At Ira, everyone is like extended family, and it is so neat to be able to worship with them. I will definitely miss them while at school, but God has also blessed me with a wonderful church body at school.

I head back to school Tuesday morning to start my second semester. There are parts I am looking forward to, while there are other parts I am not quite as excited about. I am most looking forward to taking Intro to Sign Language. Learning Sign Language has been one of my lifetime dreams, and I am finally getting to follow through with that- God is so good!

God has used this past week to draw me closer to Him, and for that, I am very thankful. He knows my every thought, every want, every need, and has the power to complete His will for me. Not looking forward to leaving my family, and my home, but looking forward to what God is going to do in my life this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment