Monday, May 17, 2010

my life up until this moment

As mentioned below, this semester is DONE. My freshman year of college is DONE. Thank you all for your prayers as I faced my first year of college. Those prayers are what helped me get through each day one at a time. There are many lessons I learned at college, probably the two biggest being trust and patience. I wish I could tell you that I have them perfected, or at least one of them, but I don’t. It is a process I am working on, and by God’s grace, He is helping me with both of these. He is helping mold me into who He wants me to be.

I enjoyed the time in TX celebrating Tim and Beth’s graduation. While there, I was also able to see my Aunt and Uncle from TX. Tim and Beth were pretty busy between graduation and weddings, but they found time to share some exciting news—I am going to be an aunt (I only write it on here, because they have given permission that it is not a hush hush, and I am almost sure everyone already knows about it now already). But I am so excited for them and praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy for both Beth, and this little nephew/niece of mine. Both Tim and Beth each had some more hours to get in before they receive their diploma so they are still in TX taking those last few hours, and then will be heading on to their next phase of life, work and parenting!

My time in VA was wonderful, and very relaxing. I am so grateful…Daniel reformatted my computer, which was much needed. It is now working much quicker, and cleaner. Who knows what kind of virus junk I had on here, but thankfully it is all clean now, and healthy. The time of fellowship was so refreshing.

I flew home Friday morning, and had a slow trip back with Mom. We weren’t too pressed for time, so we just enjoyed each other’s company and went about twenty minutes out of our way to find a Wal-Mart in the middle of nowhere, which ended up having none of the things we were looking for. Oh well, we enjoyed the time together, and got a good laugh out of it.

Janie’s celebration of life was on Saturday, and a celebration it was. I still marvel at the joy we as believers can have when we know that our loved one is with her Savior. Yes, we cry, and yes, we suffer a loss, but we don’t mourn as those who have no hope. Janie was a wonderful woman, and I am so glad my path crossed hers, and that I was able to grow from watching how she reacted to what life threw her way. I have learned so many lessons from the family, and can only hope and pray that if life ever brings some hardship my way, that I handle it as this family has. Praise the Lord for the impact her life had on so many. I encourage you to read the blog set up for her, Janie’s Purple Pen, to learn more about who she was, and what she was all about.

Yesterday, Sunday, was my first Sunday back at my home church. It was good to be back, and to see all of those dear familiar faces. After the morning service I was given my right hand of fellowship where I was welcomed into membership. It wasn’t anything that happened due to my ‘becoming of age’, but a decision I made in order to be able to serve in a teaching position this summer! I am not sure exactly yet the age I will be teaching, but regardless, I am excited!

Sunday afternoon, Beek came over for lunch and then we went to Ash’s wedding shower. I still have a hard time comprehending that Ash is getting married, and she is my age. One of our friends who is only a year older was there, and is eight months pregnant. Where has the time gone?

This morning, I went in to RACS for the presentation of the Christine Kelley Besaw Memorial Scholarships. The Besaws have been gracious and have allowed the recipients from last year to renew these scholarships and to all of you who realize how expensive college is—every little bit helps. I am so grateful. After chapel, Beek, Beek, Abby, and I went to Mary’s CafĂ©. I had a raspberry pancake, and boy was it delicious! I headed home, and since then have been cleaning, doing laundry, and just got back from seeing Darin’s calf that was born last night. I am now about to head upstairs to work on dinner—chicken parmesan!

Thanks again for your prayers over the past nine months, and the past week or so with all of my travels. I am home safely, and looking forward to what the Lord has in store for me this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment