Friday, June 11, 2010

it's Friday...hooray!

Well, I can't believe it's Friday (and you thought I was going to say "I can't believe it's not butter"). This week has flown by with just different things going on around the house. At the beginning of the week, I thought I had my math CLEP test on Thursday, but it ended up that I won't be taking that until the middle of August.

Monday, I had a blast and got to spend my day with the beautiful Sophia, and Tuesday was spent studying for the CLEP exam (at that point, I was still planning on taking it Thursday). Wednesday was rather productive with little things such as continuing to unpack from college, balanced my checkbook, and went through all of the notes I had gotten during my spring semester at college. It is nice, because I had forgotten about a lot of them, therefore they were encouraging to me all over again. Yesterday was a lazy day as I was not feeling well, but I did get my prayer cards for the summer done with a ton of help from Tim. Today's agenda includes some studying, and then this evening I head over to some friend's house to help them organize some things to go on ebay.

I am sure many are wondering what I am doing summer job wise, and I would be happy to tell you (even if you aren't wondering). This summer, the Lord opened the door for me to be a summer missionary with Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) doing 5-day clubs throughout the state of Vermont. Training starts a week from tomorrow (June 19-26) and then the clubs start July 5, and my last day of clubs is August 6. The beginning of my summer has been spent with a lot of time at home just trying to lighten the load for Mom by taking over on the cooking, and doing a lot of housekeeping, along with doing odd things such as helping Scott, going to work with Dad, babysitting Sophia, and working with this friend to help organize things for ebay. God has filled up my time in what I feel to be a productive way.

I would appreciate your prayers as I officially start my summer ministry with CEF. Some specific prayer requests would include:
  • For the week of training June 19-26
  • For the other Vermont CEF summer missionaries
  • That I raise the required funds needed
  • For churches to host the 5-Day Club
  • That many children would attend
  • That the children’s hearts will be softened
  • That my life be changed for Him
Without prayer, my ministry is not possible. If you are interested in praying even more specifically then that, I am looking for people to commit to pray for a specific day of the week, each week that I am ministering. If you are interested in making that commitment, or interested in getting updates from me via email, please email me at rebekah.hewitt@abc.edu and I would be happy to give you the exact dates, and to let you know in advance if something special is going on that day. Each lesson we give, the gospel will be presented, and our ultimate goal with these 5-Day clubs is to further their walk with the Lord, whether that be through encouragement in the Lord, or through introducing them to the Lord. Please be in prayer for this ministry.

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."
(Matthew 19:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment