Monday, June 7, 2010

another lovely day with the little lady

What a fun day today has been. Sadly, we had to say goodbye to Tim and Beth as they head on in their travels. I had Sophia again today and what I noticed most specifically was her vivid imagination. I love her age, and the way her mind works. This little girl is three years old and is so smart. While eating breakfast she informed me that she came over to take care of me so that I wouldn't get scared since Aunt Debbie had to go into town. Today she overcame the obstacle of Hershey (our lab-beagle mix) and was learning all of the commands and will go out and play with the dog. She helped me hang clothes out on the line, and she would pick out the towel, shake it out, and hand it to me to put on the line--what a big helper! While cleaning the kitchen later and doing dishes, I heard her talking and noticed she was taking things out of the cupboard and playing with them. My mom has this measurer mixer thing-a-ma-bob from Pampered Chef that became Sophia's baby, and at one point, I caught her 'milking' my mom's handheld strainer. Another time I got to see her imagination in full bloom was when she rearranged our dining room chairs to make a bus where she put her stuffed animals and she was the driver (complete with honking noises). She announced when they had arrived at school and helped the children into the 'school building'. We then picked fresh lettuce and walked to the mailbox where she said "Becky, I am glad we went on this walk. It is such a beautiful day." What an encouragement she is to me and a reminder to be optimistic. She loves sitting on the counter as I work at the sink or am baking something, and I love her positive presence. This summer has been such fun as I get to spend time with her and watch her grow up and mature. I am excited to watch her as she matures spiritually and blossoms into the godly woman God has planned for her. I am working on that stage right now of my life, and one verse that has particularly been on my mind lately is, 1 Peter 3:3,4 "Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear—but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious."

No comments:

Post a Comment