Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Week 3, Day 3

This week, I have a fun group of gals--4 highschoolers, and 2 junior highers.  I have some challenges this week, specifically with one of my campers, but I have been speaking with Pat and she has been giving some good advice on how to handle the situation.  I started the week off feeling quite sick and run down.  Third week of camp, with very little time out has wiped me out completely.  Today though I feel as though I am soaring on eagle's wings, and relying on the Lord's strength.  I know I have no strength left, and that what is holding me together is all HIM.  It helps that I got an awesome care package from one set of grandparents, and a sweet note from the other set.  I am so thankful to have such awesome grandparents backing me up and supporting me in this ministry.

For Path this week I am in high adventure.  We have 6 girls and they have been a lot of fun.  Today we were on the low ropes course and it was fun watching their minds come together and work as a team.  Yesterday we were rappelling, and one girl specifically is terrified of heights.  She did a great job of it though and did it!  Tonight on the campout they will all have a chance to go rappelling off of a 60 foot cliff.

Keep praying for the staff here.  Several of them have some home situations going on while they are here.  The devil is hard at work against the work being done here at TER for the Lord.  Many are brutally exhausted and worn out.  Please email me and let me know how I can most specifically be praying for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment