Sunday, September 11, 2011

first full week of classes...check

My first full week of classes of my junior year is behind me.  I can barely believe I am a junior, but am by no means complaining.  Don't get me wrong, I love college, but I am also ready to be done.  God has given us a natural instinct to be ready for the next phases (we as humans sometimes rush it a little though).  That is one thing that struck me as I was graduating from high school.  I enjoyed high school, but at the same time I was ready to be done and to start college.  God is good though in having a time for everything.  It is time for my junior year of college.

I can barely believe how fast classes have started.  I already have some projects due on Monday and a learning center due on Thursday.  I was nervous about this weekend and getting everything done, especially with different things that kept coming up, but as always the Lord is faithful and He has helped me get the needed work done.  And in time for me to hopefully get a Sunday afternoon nap!  

Here at ABC we play inter-mural ultimate frisbee games at the beginning of the year.  The teams consist of the brother-sister wings.  My brother wing is Ben, and he loves ultimate frisbee. I played yesterday afternoon so we would have enough girls on the team to have a full team--we won!  This afternoon they played another game, and again we won!  Hip Hip Hooray!  So proud of my girls who have played and ran their hearts out (because the girls haven't gotten subs, because three girls have to be on the field at all times).  I heard that today Cheryl made a dive into the end zone, catching the frisbee, making a point for our team.

I worked Friday and Saturday night and both nights went well.  Neither night was overly eventful, which is actually a good thing, because it means more homework time for me.

Now to be extra selfish and ask for prayer for myself.  I have been feeling extremely overwhelmed recently with different responsibilities going on in my life, on top of emotional things that are going on.  Please pray that I be able to balance the different things in my life: spiritual life, academic life, RA, Mission's Conference, church involvement, and work.  My Grandpa is doing poorly again.  I expect I will be making a trip home soon with Tim, Beth, and Annette.  This is hard physically on Grandpa, as well as emotionally on my family.  It has been a roller coaster, and I know my family at home is physically tired as well.  I am also trying to feel strong physically.  Since coming, I have just been very tired and feel weak.  Pray that I find my strength in the Lord.  Enough of me though, sorry about that!

How may I most specifically be praying for you?  The Lord has given me a new love in praying for others and lifting their needs to the Lord (it helps me get my mind off of my selfish self).  I hope and pray you have a blessed Lord's day, and that He teaches you something new, or shows you an area of your life that needs to be changed.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment