Monday, January 9, 2012

...an end

Well, my Christmas break has come to an end.  I leave tomorrow morning at 5:30 am.  I can’t complain though because a friend’s mom will be driving her and I down, and my parents only have to drive 1.5 hours to meet up with them.  My personal preference is that I would rather leave early, and get there early, rather than being able to sleep in a little bit and getting in super late.  My semester will start Wednesday morning at 9:00 am, so I will not want to be getting in too very late.  Tomorrow will be a very long day in the car though.  I am often amazed by God’s timing and the reality of “for everything there is a season/time”.  The time for break has been so good, but I am now ready and eager to get back to school. 

This upcoming semester looks to be a good one.  I have some great classes, and many observation hours (which means practical experience, which I love).  My classes for this upcoming semester include: Teaching Mathematics, Ministries for Women, Biology, Doctrine 3, Impact 2, US History 2, Geography, and Teaching Music.  It is guaranteed to be a busy semester (but isn’t every semester in college busy?) with lots of learning and growing.

This last week has been wonderful—relaxing yet productive.  Family left on Monday, and the four of us ladies went for a shopping trip (as previously mentioned).  We then enjoyed a family evening together.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I spent a fair bit of time working on school work (also, as previously mentioned).  I covered some good ground on those two things.  Friday we made homemade pizza, and watched my niece.  I then went down to church to help with AWANA.

I am so glad that the Lord prompted me to go help—it was such a great time!  They were a bit short staffed, and I was therefore able to help out a bit.  I listened to verses for the Sparks (K-2nd) and was able to share Romans 3:23 with my young cousin.  I then helped with the red teams book time with my grandpa.  How fun to serve alongside my grandpa…Uncle Paul and Miss Rebekah.  I was able to specifically work with one girl who was un-churched and unfamiliar with the Bible.  It was her first time coming to AWANA and I pray she continues to come back.  It was such a fun night.

Once we all got home we enjoyed some frozen hot chocolate (about as it sounds…essentially hot chocolate sent through the blender with some ice and evaporated milk) as we watched Soul Surfer.  I had seen it this past semester with my friend, Melissa, but no one in my family had yet seen it.  If you have not yet seen it, I highly suggest it.  It is a great movie!

On Saturday I got up and made what Mom and I had meant to make over Thanksgiving break…Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread!  It was one of my first experiences with yeast, and took a very long time.  But let me tell you…it was well worth the time.  It was very sweet, but in moderation (which was hard) it was absolutely delicious.  It practically melted in your mouth!


Sarah and I then had the privilege of going on a date with my Grandpa and Grandma Meigs to the Panera that just opened near us.  We talked, ate, and laughed a whole bunch (especially when Grandpa [unbeknownst to him] almost ate an entire pepper…hot pepper).  I do believe that I made the best choice out of the four of us though.  I got chedder broccoli soup with a bacon turkey Panini (½ and ½).  We were all full to our heart’s content and our bellies were quite happy.  After a Wal-Mart run we came home to a fun evening with family friends.

Sunday was restful with my Ira church family, and an afternoon in front of the fire.  There was fellowship time after church where I was able to catch up with some dear church friends.  Once we got home I began working on school financial paperwork.  I then went to bed and got some good long sleep.
Today I have been getting a ton done including bathing the dog, cleaning the bathroom, several loads of laundry (not just mine), and baking pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.  This is probably the first break that I don’t feel super overstressed and overtired the last several days before I go back.  It is a wonderful feeling.  Tonight the dinner menu is quiche, and the visit to the grandparents is in store.  Looking forward to my last evening home before the early morning tomorrow to start the long trip back to school. 

Happy New Year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment