Monday, January 16, 2012

Set-Apart Feminity

I am currently reading Leslie Ludy's book Set-Apart Femininity.  The Lord really used Leslie's writing in this book to dramatically change my life.  She doesn't say anything new or profound that I have never heard before, but it is stuff I have known my entire life, and am just now reading and willing to listen and apply.  I am growing more and more to love conviction.  Do I love it at the moment? yes and no.  It is uncomfortable and embarrassing truth be told (I know God already knew about it, but I am embarrassed by how often I mess up and that He, the King of Kings sees it and I have to confess it and tell Him about it), but it is proof that I am alive.  It is God's loving touch saying "uhh, you are doing this all wrong, you need to change it".  Sometimes I feel so stupid in my spiritual life, that I need that conviction to tell me what is right or wrong.  And sometimes I feel I need that conviction or else I wouldn't change, sad I know.  Lately He has been giving me the strength too to change when I am convicted, something else I have struggled with.

One of the prominent points Leslie makes throughout her book is the idea of being selfless, dying to self.  I already can tell this is a huge 2012 lesson I will be learning.  Now this is not an invitation for you to try and teach me selflessness.  I don't think I could handle it.  God is doing a great job at challenging me and prodding me in this area.  I realized over the summer just how selfish of a person I was, and just now I am allowing God to show me how to fix that.  I know it will be a long process.  I ask for your prayer as I make this journey with God carrying me.  Working on making this change in my life has proven yet again how weak I am.  It is He who carries me through these lessons, and really, through life.  I am so thankful that He is merciful and shows patience towards me as I try and learn these essential life lessons.

And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. -Luke 9:23


Leslie's website: http://www.setapartgirl.com/home.html
You can buy the book inexpensively here.

No comments:

Post a Comment