Thursday, July 5, 2012

the pictures...

I have power back...at least for now.  I am so thankful.  It came back on Monday evening and we got internet back this morning.   So here are some of the pictures I wanted to post the other day.

 We read The Keeping Quilt by Patricia Polacco (wonderful book).  The students each made their own "quilt square" and we put them all together to make one bog quilt.

 Another book we read during family week was The Relatives Came by Cynthia Rylant.  My students used found objects to make the family's car.  Do you see the seat inside with seat belts and all...and the WV licensed plate.  Their creativity truly overwhelms me.

 I love my pancakes with VT maple syrup!

 This bbq chicken dip is amazing!  I made some and for a single gal, it was enough for a whole meal.  I had some extra black beans (big surprise to some of you, I know) and so I put them on top of the dip.  I highly suggest you make this recipe!

 I got a sample of these oatmeal squares, and so I had them on my yogurt and peaches.  I have grown to love my yogurt, fruit and granola!

 We have to make at least one book a week.  The black book is a compilation of newspaper articles my students wrote about a book we read.  The green book is one I made with the pictures my students painted and labeled of their families.

After our power went out, I received word we were losing our water too.  I wanted to make sure to save up!

Thankfully we never did lose water, which was wonderful!  It was so hot, and so we needed to drink lots of water and the cool showers were awesome!  I am appreciating the power.  I should always appreciate what I have, yet it often takes my losing it to appreciate it.  Anyways, there are the pictures I wanted to post the other day!  Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment