Wednesday, December 5, 2012

a week and a half left

This week is half over.  I don't know if that makes me happy for scared.  I have a week and a half to finish all work, take exams, and completely pack and clean my room....yikes.  Praise the Lord for working housing out for me to stay next semester where I will have a kitchen.  I am excited to continue to watch Him work in this situation.  I have been working on several end-of-the-semester projects, and this week has been focused mainly on my science teaching.  I am teaching a unit on simple machines to a class of twenty fourth graders.  A specific prayer request related to that would be that the Lord give me wisdom with classroom management.  I have two students who are constantly bickering and causing major distractions.  I have tried separating them, and they start it with the next.  We aren't even talking quiet distractions, these are yelling distractions calling all students' attention.  I don't want to give up on them, but they are not catching much of the lesson, and neither are their classmates because of these two.  I have had a lot of fun teaching though and while this week has been exhausting with it [and I was just telling Daniel today how ready I was for this to be done], I do realize my love for teaching when I am with the kids.  College has been wonderful and taught me so much, but I am ready to get out on the field and be with the precious children.

I still have two days left to this week, and am eager to see what I can get accomplished.  I have two big assignments due next week that will grab the majority of my attention, but I am ready to work hard on them, and then have them done.  I should be able to relax some over Christmas break, and I am so thankful.  My body this week, especially, has really felt the absolute exhaustion that college brings.  This semester has been exhausting emotionally, spiritually, and physically.  The countdown is six more class days, a study day, and three weekend days, and I am off for the semester.  All prayers appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment