Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Break

Spring break is done, and I am back at teaching.  Thankfully I love what I do so much that going back wasn't too hard...besides being exhausted.  Last night I was having panic attacks in my sleep from nightmares.  This is my second restless night of wedding detail nightmares.  A wedding is wonderful, but involves far too many details.  The one part I most particularly remember from the nightmare is that the food we had lined up for the reception didn't work out at the last minute and we ended up having to serve our guests popcorn.  That is a terrifying nightmare... let me tell you!

My spring break involved a lot of traveling.  Having no school on Friday, I was able to head down to Charlotte.  I made it just in time for my eye appointment.  There was a bit of traffic, but I still made it.  Early Saturday morning I went to work with Daniel and caught my flight.  The flights were not looking probable at all, but, Praise the Lord, I made the flights and landed in Albany soon after 11. Tim, Beth, and Evan picked me up.  Needless to say, this aunt did not mind sitting in the back with her quickly growing nephew.

I was able to spend a few days at home working on wedding details. I specifically took Sunday off though to celebrate Easter with my family and friends.  What a fun time that was.  We had over 20 people at our home.  So thankful for the lessons I have learned from my mom on hospitality.






I flew back to Charlotte Tuesday evening and then had Wednesday and Thursday morning with my mister. We explored our new city and simply enjoyed being with each other.  It is a beautiful city, and I am excited to learn what the Lord has for us together in this city.  Please continue to pray as I look around for job opportunities to teach.  Daniel's commute is down to 20-25 minutes, and is still enjoying his job and doing well at it.

It was an eventful trip home with rain, sleet, rain, freezing rain, heavy traffic, construction, and accidents, but the Lord protected me and my car, for which I praise Him.  I got home after about 5.5 hours.

Friday afternoon, my future mother-in-law came in for the weekend.  Saturday afternoon was my bridal shower at my church here.  The ladies were extremely generous.  It was a very special time.  To introduce themselves, they said how they knew me, as well as one piece of advice.  I received wonderful insight from these dear ladies that I will forever treasure.

Sunday was church and a time to catch up from break.  For small groups, we celebrated Easter with an egg hunt.

Monday, though having had a wonderful break, I was eager to go back to school and see all of my kiddos.  This week, I give Bible and Reading back to my host teacher.  Please be in specific prayer for me this weekend as I take my PRAXIS test on Saturday.  My first part is at 7am, and the other 10:45am.  I am extremely nervous, to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment