Monday, October 10, 2011

what a weekend...

What a weekend I had...a great one, a busy one, an exhausting one, a refreshing one, a challenging one, and a life changing one!  This past weekend was so much fun.

The beginning session of homecoming was testimonies and special music.  How awesome to hear the testimonies of alumni who have see the power of the Word of God in their ministry.  Nursery was a lot of fun.  Quick story:  I was sitting down on a chair when a little girl enthusiastically grabbed my arm and said "let's go on a journey!"  I complied and we began skipping around the room, and landed on her magic carpet (aka, the toybox lid).  She quickly informed me that we were flying- I had never flown on a magic carpet before.  We continued out journey when I stopped her and excitedly asked if we could go to the zoo.  "Why of course, where is it?"  I said "right here" and pointed to the zoo animals printed all over the crib.  With disgust, she replied "that's a crib!"  ouch! shot down by a three year old.  I was simply trying to be imaginative just like her, ha.

Friday afternoon I worked the alumni v. students soccer game.  The weather was perfect, and so I enjoyed the time outside visiting with a friend while watching the game (and the concession stand).  Before the game, and during the halftime show was a dunking tank, to raise money for Mission's Conference.  Several members of our staff were dunked--very amusing.

After nursery on Friday night, a group of us went over to the Childs' for a bonfire.  We roasted s'mores with the gigantic marshmallows that Mrs. Childs had picked up for us.  Due to our request, she had a wide variety of chocolate: Reese's, Cookies n' Cream, Milk Chocolate, etc. To top off our s'mores a little later on we had dark chocolate cocoa- yummy.  We told stories, and enjoyed the time of fellowship and relaxation with friends.

Saturday morning began early.  Ladies Fall Luncheon began at 8:30am.  I had been talked into going, and felt I needed to be a good example as an RA and support the event.  I am so glad I went, and wouldn't rather have spent my Saturday any other way.  Reba Boweman was the speaker, and the theme was "Desert Blossoms".  We talked about blossoming in the hard times through worship. We looked at Abraham and how he worshiped God with what he loved most, his son.  We also dove into the story of Job and how, unlike Satan thought, he still worshiped God, even when he wasn't being blessed.  The messages hit home for me, and I am still working through applying the things I learned and centering my life around it.

Sunday had me at church, and it was so good to worship with my church family.  Love the people at Daniels' Bible Church and am so thankful to have them in my life.  I decided against going to the Reformation Fair.  I so badly wanted to, but had to be a responsible adult instead and come back to get homework done.  I got my homework done, was able to take a nap, and take care of some personal things (laundry, cleaning, etc.)  I got a lot done, and even got slightly ahead on homework.

There is nothing too big going on this week besides the normal day to day responsibilities.  Some homework assignments, meetings, quiz, etc.  Thursday night will be coffee house, which is always a highlight of my year.  Next weekend doesn't look much slower, but another fun packed one.

Thanks for reading my blog, and keeping up on what is going on in my life.  I hope you have a fabulous week.

No comments:

Post a Comment