Friday, September 28, 2012

Be still.

‎Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
-Psalm 46:10-

I am absolutely overcome by this verse.  Just let those words resonate in you...be still.  We can be still because we know that He is GOD!  Take comfort and peace in that.  I am working on reading "31 Days of Praise" by Ruth Myers and she puts words to my thoughts, "Thank You that I can "be still" (cease striving, let go, relax) and know that You are God...that You are in control...and that I can restfully depend upon You and absorb Your strength and joy and peace."  I couldn't have said it better.

Along these lines, I have recently been able to bask in God's goodness. Long story short, I (personally) was unable to pay my school bill that is due today (Friday).  Daniel and I had talked and prayed about it and while not wanting to put God in a box of how and when He would provide, we knew we needed to be responsible.  Daniel was going to help me out (because God had provided for him through work-Praise the Lord!).  We were on the phone working out the last details when I opened my email to find an email from the business office essentially saying I hadn't gotten the most recent statement and in fact I only owed $x dollars.  Daniel and I were both speechless.  We have the head knowledge to know God will provide in mysterious ways, but seeing it in this way, and for us to experience this together, was wonderful.  I know God will not always provide in that way.  At times He will provide the finances through the work He has provided for us to do.  All that to say, I am praising God and basking in His goodness as I BE STILL.

I don't share that to brag or be boastful because that is nothing of my doing.  It was all God!  I do that to encourage you (as I so often need) that God is God and we can bask in that, knowing that He will provide.  May He be exalted!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting to see God working, both in your life and in your experiences. Love you hon!

    ReplyDelete