Tuesday, April 6, 2010

glorious weather

This week, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous. And when I say that, I don't just mean it has been sunny. Last night we had a huge thunder and lightning storm, which was also beautiful. I was on my bed, and saw a bright flash, and then thunder struck, and shook the girl's dorm. I love storms like this, but I must confess this particular thunder caught me by surprise. I unplugged my laptop and turned it off and everything. I went to bed early (10:30!) and once I fell asleep, I was awakened abruptly at 11:30 to what sounded like lightning striking my window sills. The window made a cracking/crashing noise. My window, nor windowsill showed any evidence of such a thing happening. By now though it was pouring rain, so I decided I would shut one of my window, and bring the other window in a bit. I got back in bed and was a little irritated at its extremely loud crashing noises, until I remembered what someone once told me: just imagine God is bowling up in heaven, and the lightning is camera flashes. Once I remembered that, I started laughing (a sure sign I was tired), and soon fell fast asleep again. Other then this glorious storm last night, we have been enjoying upper eighty degree weather. It is so nice to wear capris, a t-shirt and flip flops...oh the life! The sunny weather had definitely helped people (myself included) with their winter blues. The daffodils have been up for over a week, the grass is green (and has already received its first cut), and my windows have been opened for over a week straight. I have enjoyed going on walks to the pond, sitting on the dock with my feet in the water. My busy week is behind me, and I have been able to enjoy some of this beautiful weather. Anyways, I just wanted to give you all a quick update on the glorious weather God has blessing me with down here :).

No comments:

Post a Comment