Sunday, April 3, 2011

I love Sundays!

Have I ever mentioned before just how very much I love Sundays?  Well, I do.  It is by far my favorite day of all seven.

  • I love getting off campus and meeting with my church family.  
  • I love being with my church family.  
  • I love sitting under the teaching of the Word and being able to freely soak it up without the nervousness of being formally tested on it.
  • I love the fact that I take Sunday's off from academic work.
  • I love my weekly nap taken on Sunday.
  • I love the phone conversation I get to have with my family.
  • I love the home cooked food.
  • I love going to the Dingus' for Bible Study.
  • I love the fellowship and laughter we all enjoy at the Dingus'.

Needless to say, I love Sundays.  I am basking in the delight today was.  It was not just a nice relaxing day, but it was spiritually encouraging and challenging.  In Sunday School we are going through the book of 1 John, and we were in the second chapter this morning.  How awesome it is the Jesus forgave us.  In corporate worship we sang of Christ as our cornerstone and studied Romans.  A question to ponder "why do I do that which I do not want to do?"  In Bible study tonight, we talked about friendship.  We were throughout the Bible seeing what it said about friendship--very challenging.  I am so thankful for the wonderful day of Sunday!
A fun M&M dispenser my Mom sent me.  We had seen this in the store before I flew out at the end of break. 

This week, I got a care package from my family!  It was full of fun surprises.  She gave me fun treats to enjoy,  a Subway gift card, homework I had accidently (I promise that it was not purposely) left at home over break, fabric and ribbon for the lesson I teach on Tuesday, and still more!  I enjoyed opening it up, and continually finding new things.  Another fun surprise was the Primary Sunday School care package (within my family's care package).  Each year, my mom has her students write notes to the college students from the church, and they pray for us, and gather money and goodies.  I absolutely loved the notes.  Hopefully some time soon, I will post some of the things their notes say.  They were such fun to read.

This coming week will be insanely crazy, but it means one week closer to being half way through my college career.  I have to teach an art lesson (not as easy as it sounds) on Tuesday, and on Wednesday I have a huge exam.  Not looking forward to those aspects of the week, but as always, the Lord will help me through this week.  I have a previewer coming this evening, Lord willing.  Her name is Emily, so please be in prayer for her as she is making one of the most important decisions of her life.  Excited to have her though, and looking forward to the time talking and praying with her.

Welcome sign for my previewer-Emily!

A huge praise I am bursting at the seems about.....a person at my home church in VT accepted Christ this morning!  Praise the Lord for the work He did in this individual's life.  I do not know any details, but am super excited.  Be in prayer for this person that they will grow in Christ likeness, and be in prayer for the church that they would be able to Biblically discipline this individual.

All praise to Him!  Remember this week the verse found in Psalm 46:11, "Be still and know that I am God.  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

No comments:

Post a Comment