Sunday, April 24, 2011

insane week

What a week this has been.  I don't really want to relive it, as neat as it was to watch God at work giving me just enough strength to make it through each moment.  The week defined the words "full" and "busy".  I am thankful though for being able to watch God and how He carried me through the week.

Tuesday was my PRAXIS.  As mentioned earlier, the PRAXIS is the education version of the boards for medical or the the bar exam for law.  This was the first of two exams for this.  We left campus at 6am sharp and drove 2 hours to Marshall to take the exam.  It was a four hour exam, hard, and very stressful.  I am pleased to announce that I passed both the math and reading sections.  I am still waiting to hear back on the writing section.

Thursday had two large elementary education portfolios due: Elementary Art Methods, and Technology for Elementary Educators, II.  I finished the Tech one rather quickly, but the Art one I had been working on it the entire semester, and then as crunch time came, I probably put in 10+ hours.  I was pleased with how it turned out, and was thankful at the same time that it was done and over with!

As read below, Friday and Saturday was IMPACT, which was amazing!  I loved it.

Today for Easter, I taught the 4-5s.  The funny story from this week: I had corrected one of the boys on something he was doing.  He replied "Miss Rebekah, can I tell you something?"  "What's that, Joseph*?" (*name changed for his privacy)  "My underwear have lots of mean boys on them, so that means I get to be mean."  I quickly corrected his thinking telling that no matter the underwear he was wearing, it was never okay to be mean.  Definitely gave me a chuckle though.

Tim and Krisi had us over for Easter dinner, and what fun that was.  Tim is in my class, and they live in married student housing.  They put on a delicious lunch of ham, potato and cheese casserole, bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and corn.  They opened their home for the college students from church, and we had some wonderful time of fellowship around the table--probably the most relaxing time I have had all week, and will this week.  I am so thankful for their hospitality.  The Dinguses then came over at 4 when we had our evening Bible study, and I was back in my room shortly after 6pm.
Our group today at lunch 

3 days left of classes, then study day, and finally, work day.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment