Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week 1

Our first week of camp is successfully complete.  Truth be told it was a very challenging and exhausting week.  I was supposed to have 7 girls in my cabin, but one of the friends wanted to be with her friends in my cabin and so we rearranged a few things and I ended up with 8 girls.  I had the one explorer teen, who had just finished her first year of high school.  I was stretched further in some areas then I thought were possible, but the Lord was with me through the entirety of it, and here I am Saturday evening still alive.

Quick report on the spiritual status of my girls...I had 4 of my girls who I felt were saved, 2 I talked with but am unconvinced they have a personal relationship with Christ and then 2 that broke my heart.  The first girl, in talking to her she expressed how she could care less about knowing for sure if she would be going to Heaven or not.  The other girl I realized quickly she did not have the correct understanding of the one way to Heaven.  I had the privilege of opening the Word and sharing the gospel with her.  She declined God's offer of eternal life because she said she did not deserve it.  Still after assuring her that no one deserves it, but God wants her to have it, she still declined.  Please specifically be praying for these two girls.

Here are some snapshots of the week (no camper pics yet because I am not sure if I can post those)...

This is the location we camped at on Wednesday- Ponderosa. 

This is Jim, camp director. 




This little guy wandered over a few hills and joined us for our campout.  His owner came to retrieve him Thursday morning. 


 Look at the amazing concoction the guys built to cook our food on.

 Our concoction caught on fire so Gavin found a creative way to extinguish it.

This is our softball field.  Behind the building on the far right (the outdoor chapel stage) is the cabin I stayed in last week and will be in this week.

Thank you all so much for your prayers.  I covet them.  This week I will have a cabin of Explorer Teens (high school).  I am praying for these girls and am eager for them to arrive.  Well, I had better wrap things up and get over to the program office to await this week's campers.  I hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. We so appreciate the update and the pictures. Our prayers are with you each day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete