Monday, June 27, 2011

week 2 day 1

I have 5 high schoolers in my cabin and what a joy they have already been.  They like sleep, how much more could I ask for?  2 girls are best friends where one of them just moved 2 weeks ago, so they are enjoying the week together before having 5.5 hours separating them for an extended period of time.  2 of the other girls are also close friends who have been coming to this camp for a while.  The other girl has been here for a while but has been open about the fact that she is catholic.  Please pray for me as I try to specifically witness to her about the gospel.  She is very open, but is mainly in Catholicism because of tradition and feels she is supposed to be one.  I look forward to being able to talk to her more about it.  For path, I am in the paintball path.  I am not too sure about God's sense of humor, but I can't complain.  Gavin has been nice to me and has threatened all of the kids that if they hit me with a paintball, him and Jacob (the third leader) would be able to open shoot at them.  I am kind of like the paintball mom: I make sure they stay hydrated, wash mask goggles, clean paint off, soothe the tears, keep kids who are not paying attention safe, take care of ticks for the screaming children (tickophobia), and keep track/charge of the paintballs they use.  For team comp this week, Daniel and I are the counselors and we seem to have an awesome group of campers!  We are hoping to win and get an ice cream sundae at the end of the week!

Thank you all for your prayers--this week is already going leaps and bounds better.  Let me know how I can be praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment